Saturday, July 10, 2004

Chicken or the Egg

We were driving home from Janie's swim lesson when I saw a sign. Something about the Hill and Valley Women's Club. I wonder if they have dances with the Peninsula Men's Club.

I love the weekends. I can clean or do projects or catch up on work or just hang out with my family. This weekend, I just want to get to Monday. Monday at my ultrasound I'll get my first idea how this dose is working out. Right now I just want to lay on the couch and dream of my ovaries like jiffy pop bags, growing huge with tons of follicles.

Yesterday I couldn't help but notice the many egg refernces all speaking to me. Janie watched Chicken Run which carries themes about the best hens having the highest egg production, and how valuable the eggs are. (No kidding!) Then Matt says that a biologist pointed out some pelican eggs in a nest. They were very large, but dead, so the biologist let his boss take them. He was going to bring them home to show his family, but left them locked in his truck. I hope it smells horrible by Monday.

My mother left this morning and I felt bad. She didn't mention anything about infertility or trying to conceive or the drugs in my refridgerator the whole time she visited. This is so unlike her. I have to assume my younger sister strongly warned her not to, because my requests in the past had been mostly ignored. I felt bad that I didn't tell her about the IVF. I'm sure she would want to know and ask questions. I told that stupid woman at my work, why not my mother? Oh, that's right, because she can't keep a secret to save her life. I just wish that I could trust her to keep it to herself so that I could share it with her. Instead I'm stuck feeling bad. I just can't win sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home