Thursday, July 15, 2004

That's Incredible

Here's a little replay of some actual work email fun I had today...

TO:PAZEL FROM:DI -- Hi! I noticed that you accepted the meeting for Monday only tentatively. Is it a bad day?

FROM:PAZEL TO:DI -- Hi back at you. You're back from vacation early. Did something go wrong? Monday is a possible retrieval date or it could be Tuesday....Transfer will be 3-5 days later but I won't know exactly which days I'll be off until later....I have 10 follicles which is okay as long as they all still continue.... and so on.

TO:PAZEL FROM:DI -- Oh Pazel, I'm sorry. This is Bernadette. I'm checking Di's emails while she's on vacation and setting up meetings for her. I should have told you who I was when I sent that message. I forgot I was in her emails.

Fantabulous.

--------------

So I ran into a girl I barely knew in high school at my brother's BBQ in May. I knew from my brother that she had gone through IVF many times, but she was there at the party with her 8 month old. She commented to me on our daughter and asked if we plan on having more. Because I knew her history, I answered that we would love to but making babies is not so easy for us. She opened up and told me about her story. It includes 11 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, 1 failed adoption (had woman stay with them the last 3 months, was her birth coach, mother changed her mind after the birth), and then a final IVF that worked. Pretty incredible. My brother had told me that he thought the other cycles didn't work because they bought all their drugs in Mexico except for the last one. (He loves pat explanations. I know the truth is never that easy.) She didn't mention this, but said that she felt it was the nearly a year off for the adoption stuff before the last IVF that was the winning ticke. (Fertiles, please read carefully. This does not mean that applying for adoption got her pregnant, nor was she any more relaxed. Instead it was her ovaries that needed to relax after those years of continous cycling before this IVF cycle.) In any case, I liked her more than I did in high school. She was no longer miss perfect, or at least she wasn't in the same way.

But here is the incredible part, and I will do my best to recite this by memory...

"For all our cycles, Mike would go into that room to give his sample. He told me he would never touch those magazines in there. He said that he wanted to have the baby with me, not some other woman in the pictures. So he would just imagine me, and that was enough."

blink
try hard not to laugh outloud
'uh-huh'
now quickly change the subject before you lose it

8 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Alright girlie. I started *another* blog just so I could tell you how hard I LMAO at today's blog. (The 2nd part.) Thank you for that great way to start my day. And, should you be interested, I might decide to go ahead and make use of my new blog.... Lightning in a bottle.

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely happy for her that it worked out, but it sounds like she still has a hint of Miss Perfect hanging around.

patricia
http://laf.typepad.com

4:08 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hey girlie....wanted to let you know that www.lightninginabottle.blog-city.com is up and running. Not sure exactly how I will use it, but my initial inclination is to use it for (bad) poetry and (random) thoughts. There's a link to it on my other site.

12:16 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Great blog.  I just like the site and I will get a
visit again! In my spare time I usually try and look
for blogs just as neat as yours.
Once you sign on, check for my plastic surgery kansas city blog.

4:38 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fine blog. I found your site suitable for another
visit! And when I'm able to surf the web, I look for
blogs as great as your work.
I want you to stop and compare with my plastic surgery nj blog.

12:20 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Cool blog. I dig your site outline and I plan on
returning again! I just love finding blogs like this
when I have the time.
Hey son, you need to check out my plastic surgery pic blog!

3:45 AM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
My plastic surgery houston blog, is something you need to peep out!

3:32 AM  
Blogger ever-green said...

Nice blog. I seen the site and I adored the work,
that I want to visit it more each day! I like
searching for blogs that have the same content like
this one!
Where you been? You have got to look at my cash advance loan illinois blog!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home