Saturday, July 17, 2004

Top 10

Retrieval is Monday morning!  I've been smiling ever since.  Dr. Chickie wouldn't give me exact figures on my follicles, she just said that there were about 10.  I think that means there's less but she's not telling me.  That's fine.  I'll know more Monday.  The day after tomorrow.  Knowing how fast my weekends usually fly by, it will be here in no time.
 
I wish I had 12 eggs, because then I could say that I was carrying a dozen.  Also, I could do a calendar with my 12 follicles.  December would be my biggest who was 21 in the ultrasound.  I'll paint that one like a big ole Santa follicle.  Maybe he/she could be posing with the many other smaller, probably immature follicles who can be the elves.
 
On Monday they will also choose Matt's Top Ten sperm to use to inseminate the 10 eggs with the ICSI.  I'm thinking of a magazine like People only called Hope To Be People, which will put out its 10 Sexiest Sperm edition.  "Number 1 likes to swim, has a perfect sized head, and DNA for a girl with dimples.  Number 2 also likes to swim, loves his long tail, and has DNA for a boy with curly hair. "  And so on...  It would be a great issue, my eggs will drool over it.  Maybe I should clip some pictures and post in my underwear so that my ovaries stay motivated.
 
I guess on the rollercoaster ride, I feel like we're starting to go down the first big hill.  Hope is soaring.  My hands are sky high.  Wheee.  I know that there's so much more in front of us, but I'm just so thankful to be at this point.
 
Valerie asked me what I would do if I actually got pregnant.  (I hate typing that p word when referring to myself.  Bad juju.  Anyways...)  I told her that if that happened, I would be totally shocked.   I think I would be more shocked than someone who got two lines after having a one night stand and using two forms of birth control.  It feels so improbable, that it could never happen to me.  Again.  Lightening doesn't strike twice.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo for retrieval!!!!! I'm crossing everything for you!

Jennifer

a.k.a Summerbreeze

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Oh, I am wishing you only the best of luck. I hope you will have an awesome fertilization rate with those ten follicles, and that they will continue to grow to become the highest quality embies that are super-sticky.

(((((Pazel)))))))

TigerJen/Infertility My Arch Nemesis

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was great thanks

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about acupuncture infertility and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about acupuncture infertility so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by acupuncture infertility

6:55 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Unbelievable blog. I can hardly wait to vist this
site again.I'm consistently looking up blogs like
this.
In my spare time I will look for your plastic surgery prices blog.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home