Monday, August 02, 2004

5 More Hours

I gave my blood at 7:30 this morning. They don't give results until after 3pm. 2 1/2 hours down, 5 more hours to go.

I got another faint line this morning, darker than yesterday but still faint by my standards. I try not to be too concerned, remembering that with Janie I only got faint lines. I would just feel a ton better if it had been so dark that the satellites circling the Earth could clearly identify it as a second line.

I have all my information ready as to average HCG levels for this many days past day 3 transfer and average progesterone levels. All I need now is some good news. I assume that if it is positive, they will want to do a second beta. That will be a logistical nightmare because I'm flying to Arizona on Wednesday morning. I'll have to have them fax the order to a lab there, and then have the lab fax the results back. It may seem simple, but it relies on a lot of people caring enough to fax properly.

Then again, I'm just going to worry about everything right now. For example, I don't have symptoms (except a nervous stomach). This is also the same that I was with Janie (never got morning sickness and no symptoms at all before testing.) But then there's a pain now and then on my right side when I cough. I try to ignore it but after reading so much on my Brooklyn Girl's ectopic, I am worried. I haven't even said anything to Matt because I don't want to worry him either. I'm sure it's nothing, I have no history, but then again, how could I have history when usually I never make it to getting a faint line? Again, I'm just working myself up for lack of anything else to do during this time of extreme torture. I know it doesn't take that long to do that test. I just know it.

I can't work. How is it possible to get anything done?
5 more hours...they're going to be long ones!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will probably go down as one of the stupidest suggestions in history but it worked for me...
Do you have any laundry to do? When I was waiting for my last beta, I did our laundry, took down the curtains (not all of them, but hey), just spent some quality time with the washer and dryer. That took care of about three hours. It was a mindless activity that still kept my very short attention span busy.

Just a thought.

I'll be checking for updates.

Menita

10:29 AM  
Blogger Barren Mare said...

Just checking in. Hope there is some good news coming your way. Is it time yet?

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home