Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Blood

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not really thinking clearly.

I'm currently out of state for work. When I left work yesterday, I left my progesterone supp in my office. I didn't realize it until 10 last night. Since the office is a good hour away, I thought that I would be okay and take it in morning. I woke up this morning to red blood.

I showered and dressed, and raced out of the house with wet hair. I got into my office and put in two, but I'm scared to death. I called the fellow on call at the RE's office. He told me that some bleeding can be normal and told me to come in today. Of course I can't because I'm out of town. He said to call when I'm back in town so I can come in for an ultrasound. He also said I might want to delay my flight tonight until I knew I was better.

So right now I'm in my office. I was laying on the floor, but now I'm sitting up to type this. I don't know what to do. It's 6:33am. My old RE's office is accross the street. I could wait until they open, then call and see if they can get me in for an ultrasound. It's been 4 1/2 years since I left their office, I'm not sure it will be that easy.

The fellow said that I wouldn't need to go to the emergency room unless I soak a pad. I work in the hospital, and it's so tempting to go walk down to OB Triage or the Emergency room, but I know that the bleeding is not serious enough for that.

I think I'm going to go back to my friend's house and spend the day laying down. I can't work. I have so much I need to do today, but I don't care. I'm just so scared.

If I delay my flight tonight, I will have to wait longer to get an ultrasound.

I'm trying to think of what I should do and I'm stuck. I'm not bad enough for the emergency room, yet I feel too scared to just be hanging out. I'm just not thinking clearly.

18 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Who cares what anyone thinks. Go to the ob triage and have them check you out. You wouldn't be the first nervous pregnant woman who walked in there and everything turned out to be just fine. Hope all is well. Good luck.

7:34 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

Oh, Pazel. I have no advice, but I wanted to let you know that I'll be thinking about you. I hope everything turns out ok.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NONONONONONO
Go to the OB triage - GO.
Your doctor is right: it may be somthing or it may be nothing. But go ahead and get it checked out as soon as possible - don't worry about whether they think it's too soon or not.
I will be praying for you.

Menita
(lifesjetsbook)

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pazel honey...go to the doctor for that ultrasound (any doctor). I don't care how overwrought they may think it is, it will give you peace of mind. I'm thinking of you and praying it stops.

xxoo

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go in, go in now. Who cares what anyone thinks, you need to make sure things are ok, so GO!!!

Kris
brokenornot

12:25 PM  
Blogger Wavery said...

Agree with all above.
Waiting is stress. Go.

Thinking of you.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Jen P said...

Holy crap Pazel!! My heart is racing! Triage! Triage!! Oh holy crap! Awaiting the update!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Pazel,
I hope that everything is ok, that you went to get checked out and have been reassured that everything is fine....
I will be checking back obsessively for an update.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

Pazel--I, like the other gals, am urging you to go wherever you need to in order to get peace of mind. If that's triage, or your old RE's office, go for it. I am sending nothing but good wishes, thoughts, and prayers your way. I am so sorry you are traveling in the midst of this, I'm sure that only adds to your stress....

4:50 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

Please. Please. Please. I realize I'm a day late and a dollar short, but I hope you got this investigated. Work can wait. Take care of yourself.

Praying for you...

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paz - still here, still praying. Hoping all is well.
Menita

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no....please let it be nothing....I am praying and crossing my fingers

alex-infertile gourmet

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pazel - I can't express how hard I'm praying for you and that things are ok. Let us know. Love, Mandy

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pazel - I hope you figured out what to do. I've been thinking about you. Post an update when you feel up to it.

* Sarah

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pazel--I'm thinking about you.
~Brooklyn Girl

12:26 PM  
Blogger Orodemniades said...

I've got (almost) everything crossed for you.

Dryad

2:52 PM  
Blogger Orodemniades said...

I mean that in a good way, you know, not keeping my legs crossed...blah blah. I'm sure you know what I mean. Let us know what the dr's say.

2:53 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Irresistible blog. I look for blogs like this one
when time allows me to. I enjoyed the site and I'll
check it next time!
Hey playa! You need to check out my plastic surgery loan blog.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home