Wednesday, October 06, 2004

One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I woke to the sound no mother likes to hear. The sound of her child throwing up in her bed. I won't go into detail, but it was a long night. Today she's still sick, laying on the couch and watching videos. She's drinking but not eating and sick again minutes ago. I've been reassuring her, bringing her 7-up, and washing all the laundry from last night. Damn whomever sent their child to school sick so they could work and therefore infected probably her whole class. How hard is it to take a day off for your sick baby?

I know I'm going to get sick too, it's just a matter of when. Did you know that pregnant women have a 9 times higher rate of death from flu? Of course the rate of death is so small, it's still no worry. What does concern me is the slightly higher rate of miscarriage, and that the flu lasts longer and is harder to get over when you're pregnant. Actually, no, my number one concern is who will take care of Janie when I'm sick. Anyone I call will mean exposing them to this virus and I don't wish that on anyone. I can't wait for Matt to get back from Florida.

Speaking of which, they've finished their work and will be coming back tomorrow night. Two weeks early! All I have to do is hold out falling sick until then. Please let it be a long incubation period. So much for a homecoming filled with great sex and good food. Sorry sweetie.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home