Thursday, November 11, 2004

No time to spare

It's raining outside, and I love the rain. I especially love being home when it's raining. Sadly, although I'm home working today, I have too much work and homework to do to fully enjoy the rain. I just want to light a fire and read a good book. No such luck.

Janie has the day off for Veteran's Day, and Matt has the day off for I don't know what. They are driving me up a wall with their clear schedules and nothing else better to do than have a good time and check in on me. Janie was dancing around the house after watching Snow White and singing "Some day my prince will come." I love that song but Matt was bothered by it, I think the fact that Snow White believes her life will start when Princey Boy shows up and not until then. Not a good roll model for Janie. On the other hand, she's only 4 and wanting to be a princess is just part of being a little girl.

Matt just checked on me again and told me to get back to work. He's joking, but serious too. He knows how much I've got on my plate. I'd like to think I could do some of it tonight but I've been suffering from an inability to fall asleep. Last night I was up until 12, then back up at 4 not to fall asleep again. My awake state is not active enough to work or study, but not sleepy enough to relax and rest.

Oh, I'm just a regular ball of sunshine today.

p.s. When I said that Matt's name suggestions of Bart and Carl were ridiculous, it was because all his name suggestions seem to come from the Simpsons. Bart and Carl are actually better than his other suggestions of Homer, Waylin, Barney, Mo, and Lenny. Yes, I'm a fan but not that much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kris said...

Yeah, Bart is better than naming your kid after Mr. Smithers. lol

I wasn't offended about the Bart comment. For the first couple of years I couldn't even call him by his name and I didn't like saying it to anyone else. I would never do that to a child, lol. Yup, lets set that kid up to a life at school of hearing Bart Bart the smelliest Fart, ect.

Kris
Brokenornot

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Ack, hopefully I didn't offend any of your readers who do name their kids Bart. I don't care if I insult my MIL though. :)

Kris
Brokenornot

2:24 PM  
Blogger happy-people said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
Once you sign on, check for my cash advance pittsburgh blog.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home