Monday, November 01, 2004

What would you do?

I'm trying to reach my mother but not having success. While I was out getting my flu shot (no line!) she called and left a message that she had bad news. My sister emailed me and said that my mother's friend (ex-boyfriend but still friends) killed himself over the weekend. They were supposed to go to the opera together but he cancelled and said he had other plans. He gave his tickets to my mother who brought my sister. My mother then got to stay up here (opera was in San Francisco) for Halloween.

I'm not sure what I should do. As far as the guy, I never liked him which makes him the same as pretty much all the men my mother has dated. He spent one Thanksgiving with us when they were dating and got offended when my brother sat at the head of the table. That's pretty much all I know about him. But I'm worried about my mother who I don't like to hear is grieving. I'm not sure what I should do. I've emailed my sister to ask when the funeral is, but I'm sure it's probably not planned yet. If it's next weekend, I'll go. Otherwise I'm supposed to be in Arizona later this week for a presentation (on hospital finance, how exciting).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a tough one. I guess my reaction to her (once reaching her) would be along the lines of "I'm sorry...I know you're upset." Since they were supposed to do something and he canceled she might have some of those "I should have known" type thoughts and may need some reassurance on that front.

Good luck.
Mandy

12:23 PM  
Blogger alena said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home