Friday, January 07, 2005

With Pretty Maids All in a Row

The maids just left. I love the maids. Just knowing that they're coming makes me clean up all the clutter and organize like crazy. I don't vacuum or anything that they're going to do, just make sure it's ready to be vacuumed. And they're here for just a short time and when they leave the house is clean and blissful. I just want to stroll from room to room admiring it.

When I was a kid, toiling over my chores, I would promise myself that when I grew up and became rich and successful I would get a maid. Well, I couldn't wait that long, so I started the service shortly after I became pregnant. It's not because I became pregnant, but because I can't do everything myself. I spend my free time outside of work going to class, doing homework, grocery shopping, doing laundry, putting toys away, spending time with Janie, etc that the house was not getting clean that often. If I spent my time cleaning toilets, showers, floors etc, then I couldn't do those other things. (And don't talk to me about Matt and chores. He's good at dishes, but he has never cleaned a counter in his life. He's stumped at the prospect of putting toys away because he has no idea where they go. He never vacuums, dusts or windexes either. But, his garage tends to be very tidy so I know he understands the word clean, just doesn't know how to apply it to the house.)

So, I did the next best thing which was hire someone. It was hard. I don't like having people in my house, especially ones I don't know. But it's two women who keep to themselves and work quickly. I stay out of their way and tip them well at the end.

The first time they came after I bought the crib and put it in the office, one of them went in there and looked at it and the bedding and started talking loudly and excitedly. I have no idea what she said since it was in Spanish, but it didn't sound happy. I couldn't help but wonder what it was. I had to wonder if she was infertile and did not want to be cleaning a nursery. How could I tell her that this baby was from IVF and that I didn't blame her? Then I wondered if she was talking about how much I must have spent on the crib and changing table. Since they look brand new, she probably couldn't guess that I bought them used. She could have also been commenting on my lack of design style, but I think they're cute and one of my better purchases.

Anyways, they haven't said anything to me about it, just to each other. I'll never know. What I do know is that I lurve them, as anyone would lurve another who would come into their home and clean it without a single complaint. May they be rewarded with a clean house of their own at the end of the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Great blog. I surf the web looking for blogs like
this. Your site was on point and will be back again!
My breast plastic surgery blog, is something you need to peep out!

5:44 PM  
Blogger amaretto-mudslide said...

Awesome blog. I'm loving the site and I have to
return there soon! Going online, when I have the time,
I look for blogs close to your work!
Check out the blog site with my magnum cash advance in it!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home