Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Second Child Benefits

Why being pregnant with the second child is better than it was with the first:

  • When people ask if this is my first, I get to answer that it's not. That immediately stops them from giving me assvice.
  • Going into it knowing I will be having a c-section. No birthing classes. No fear of labor. Scheduled birth date.
  • No panic over whether my waist will ever come back. Yes, it will, not right away, but eventually if I work on it.
  • Ability to buy or use used items. With Janie I wanted everything new. With this one, it's everything used. Well, maybe a few new things but not much.
  • Hoping I will not be watching this baby every few seconds to make sure he's breathing, like I did my daughter.
  • Knowing going into it that I will want to co-sleep, breastfeed, and use disposables. It worked for us before so hopefully it will again.

And the #1 best thing is going through all this with my daughter. I love when she hugs and kisses my tummy, tells the baby stories, or shakes my belly to try to wake him up to play. She loves to tell me all the things she wants to do with him after he's born. Sometimes I think she's even happier than I am. I feed incredibly lucky that the IVF worked and we're able to give her a sibling afterall. I was setting up to settle on an only child if it didn't work, but now I'm really enjoying being part of building this sibling relationship. I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is introducing her to him after the birth. I can't help but smile everytime I think about it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous mandy said...

Oh to have a way to stop the assvice in its tracks!!! Brilliant! :)

I'm so happy for you my friend.

Mandy

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jen P said...

Congrats again, Pazel. I'm wishing you the very best in these last few weeks!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ninotchka said...

You're in for the treat of your life. Your daughter will be your baby's favorite person in the world. Oh, it's such a beautiful thing!

Thanks for bringing back the memories. :)

12:06 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Please take a journey to my costa rica plastic surgery blog.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home