Monday, March 28, 2005

Finally

I just got the call. Yes, I had to wait the weekend afterall.

Baby's fine, just very big. He's healthy, although I'll have to see him to believe it. They wouldn't give me an estimate of the weight, but did say that on date date of the ultrasound, when I should have been 37 weeks and 4 days, the baby measured 40 weeks and 3 days. Because he's from IVF we know his actual due date is correct, so he's just a big one.

Nothing about ABS or anything else wrong, just that with him being breech and large and my past c-section, he's a c-section all the way. One week from today.

My weekend was cruddy because I'm sick. I believe that I have caught my third cold this trimester and my cough is much worse. I'm having major problems breathing. I should be working or doing something today but I'm not. Well, I am doing one thing and that's putting his swing together. There's so much more that I could be doing but just can't.

Janie was the cutest thing yesterday for Easter. The kid who can't be roused before 7:30 got up at 6am to see what the bunny brought her. She got to eat candy and I got to dress her up in her new dress, gloves and hat. She is my little doll. Matt then took her to his aunt's for Easter and I stayed home because I was too sick. Easter alone. It wasn't that bad afterall. Janie had fun with an egg hunt, and then she re-hid the eggs and made the adults search for them. She encouraged me to feel better next Easter so I can look for eggs too.

Now I'm going to go blow my nose again and feel sorry for myself for being sick and debate with whether I should call my GP. My OB's office already told me today that I should deal with the GP and not them on my cough and cold.

I don't know if I could describe all the thoughts that went through my mind this weekend as I thought about the possibility of my baby having a birth defect. I knew I would love him no matter what, but I worried about him growing up and how the world would treat him. Of course I didn't tell Matt anything because we knew nothing and there's no need for him to suffer like me. And I only sufferred because I'm a crazy person who took the only thing she said during the ultrasound and tried to give meaning to it. Well, maybe that's not so crazy but it did give me more worry then I needed.

Thank you for checking on me. I feel much more relieved. Of course I wish I could breath too, but I'll go lay down and maybe order some hot and sour soup, I like it much better than chicken noodle.

2 Comments:

Blogger job opportunitya said...

Remarkable blog. I take the neccesary time to find
blogs that are just as good as the ones you do.
In an efford of finding the right info, check for my plastic surgery breast enlargement blog site.

10:25 PM  
Blogger golden-child said...

Fascinating blog. I loved the site you did a good
job on it, I will be back! I surf the net for blog
like this one.
You got me! I will check out your cash advance san diego blog a.s.a.p!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home