Thursday, March 24, 2005

Tick tock

A little more than 2 hours before my ultrasound. You can't wipe the smile from my face. I was even in a good mood at my OB's office this morning, which is unusual since I've been whining and complaining at every visit lately. Then I told her that I want my tubes tied at delivery and she told me that I should have signed the consent 4 weeks before delivery. I was shocked. We decided to back date the consent. Whew, close one.

In the parking lot, the car next to mine parked within inches of my door. Maybe in my skinniest days I could have shimmied into my van, but the state that I'm in made it impossible. Mission impossible. I opened the back hatch, climbed over the back row, crawled through the middle row, then climbed over the center console into the driver's seat, but with my feet in the passenger seat. Move the seat back, move the steering wheel up, then drag one leg at a time over into the driver side. Voila! I'm in!

So now I'm home and counting down the minutes. I've got to see this kid. I've got to see that he's okay. Sure, I'm curious about his size, but it's more along the lines of making sure he has all his parts and they are all normal. Matt is hoping that if I see his face in the ultrasound I'll settle on a name. Yea, good luck.

Right now I'm looking at two names. This can still change, and may, but it's good to have it down to two. Jack or Henry. Some are hoping I'll just name him Jack Henry. Could happen.

Getting closer... c'mon clock!

3 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Both names are lovely Pazel. Jack was to be our son's name (who would have been due sometime in the next few weeks) so I'm kinda partial to that...not that you asked.

So glad you're feeling a little better and that they were able to backdate that consent form! Hang in there, not too much longer!

5:09 PM  
Blogger sherry said...

I LOVE those names. Jack Henry sounds so commanding and confident.

I couldn't help chuckling out loud about your parking ordeal. I had the SAME thing happen to me over the weekend. It's as if they KNOW you're pregnant and can't squeeze in like you used to...bastards.

Hope all went well!

6:19 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Creative blog.  I thought it was the best site out
and we had to go back to it! Every chance I get on the
net I search for blogs just like your site.
I beg of you, just check out my plastic surgery washington dc blog.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home