Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Nice Pants

So throttling my husband, would that be bad?

I love that guy, but he drives me crazy really fast. Last night he wanted to wash his pants so instead of taking the clothes out of the dryer to fit the load from the washer, he just shoved the load from the washer right in to the dryer with the old load. Gee thanks baby.

I discovered this at the end of the cycle, in time for me to empty them out and make the couple trips to get all the clothes to the living room on my own. Seeing the dryer empty (but not sensing the obvious) he put his pants in the dryer and went off to shower and go to bed (at 9pm) while I folded the double load on my own (while caring for one wide awake baby) so that they could get folded before wrinkling.

So I did what any other rational woman would do. I stopped the dryer. Let him discover the pants he so desperately needs still wet in the morning. And on such a rainy day, I hope they stay somewhat moist all day to remind him not to f*** with me.

I've asked and what I did is not passive aggressive behavior, just plain aggressive. But my conscience is clean.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Noelle said...

Now THAT is AWESOME!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

You'll have to post an update to tell us what he said! Good idea!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous libby said...

Ha! You are hilarious.

What IS it with the menfolk and the laundry, anyway? My ex used to think he deserved huge appreciation after he would "help" me by doing the laundry. His method - cram as many clothes as possible into the washer, no color sorting necessary, then cram them into the dryer, no dryer sheet necessary, then dump them all out on our bed in a big pile, no folding necessary. Gee, thanks for the help, honey.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

We must be married to the same man... I've had to do almost the *exact* same thing in similar circumstances.

He's also gone w/o a lunch a few days in a row after pissing me off...

Don't mess with the tired, working, cranky mama!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You crack me up, I love it!
Teach Jack all the things he should avoid doing to your future daughter-in-law. :-)

10:05 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Ok, I HAD to send this to my fiancé. In all honesty, he is really good about helping with the laundry, BUT is famous for putting the clothes in the dryer then walking away. Without starting it. And leaving it for days. Now, that's fun. I can never understand how you can repeatedly forget to start the dryer after loading it.

I can't wait to hear about what he though of his moist pants.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ninotchka said...

GREATNESS! ba ha ha ha

9:35 AM  
Anonymous emma said...

Ah, a woman after my own heart. My dear man puts a load of his laundry in the washing machine and.....that's it. Doesn't put powder in, doesn't turn it on, just leaves it. I used to run it through when I found it there, but now? I take it all out and do all the other laundry, and then put it back in, and then leave it!

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I always wonder how it is that men don't notice that stuff. My husband will help me with the house stuff if I ask. Call me crazy, but he has eyes, why can't he see that there are dirty dishes in the sink, and they should be put in the dishwasher? Or how the bathroom door won't open fully anymore...because he's been piling dirty boxer shorts behind it all week? And let's not even go into putting dirty clothes *beside* the clothes basket instead of IN it.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home