Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Pictures!

If this works right, you should be able to see pictures of Janie & Jack. http://www.flickr.com/photos/75607190@N00/
There's even a picture of the three embryos we transferred - one of whom is Jack.

Monday I started work. So far I haven't been able to really put in more than 4 hours of work each day. Today was worse because Jack had an appointment with his cardiologist. Counting time to drive there, sit in the waiting room, sit in the exam room, exam, time to get halter monitor put on, set up new appointment, get refill on prescription and eventually drive home...half the day was gone.

The appointment went well except those few innocent words which throw me off. One was when the nurse was putting on the EKG monitors. I commented how calm Jack was compared to last time. She answered that usually they're pretty good at this age, but wait until I bring him in at 2 years old. Ummmm, I don't think, I mean I hope we don't, uhhh, I guess... Then the cardiologist said something at the very end of the appointment about how he hoped Jack could get weaned off the meds around a year, but that is if he gets to come off the meds which we are hoping he can do. Ummm, yea, okay, I uhhh...

I guess that I always figure that this stuff is temporary. That after the first year, after the final surgery, that he will no longer have a colostomy or heart meds or anything, and that despite maybe being monitored more than other kids, that he will be normal. Fine. Healthy.

So hearing stuff about coming back later or the possibility of him staying on the meds longer than a year I start to get panicky.

I would like to continue, but the crying hasn't stopped. I've got to get to my little man. Hope you like the pictures.

13 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

Why Mrs. Pazel, thems some mighty fine lookin' young'uns you got there!

Janie is gorgeous--love those cheeks--and Jack, just as lovely! You and hubby do good work :-)

Know that I'm thinking of you all and hoping for a future that sees Jack just as 'normal' and healthy as any other kid his age. I know that prospect may seem daunting given what the doctor said about the future and weaning him off the meds, etc., but still...it's a very real possibility (especially since we know that doctors sometimes can't see the forest for the trees).

Hang in there, my friend. We're with you and yours all the way.

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Heels said...

Your children are beautiful. Jack looks so snuggly and sweet in the sling and the both of them have the same bright, sparkly eyes.

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How much do I LOVE the papparazi pic? That sly little devil with that sneaky grin and wink... Wonderful pictures, just gorgeous gorgeous kids.

Jennifer

PS How do you/does Jack like the big swing?

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Melanie said...

Your children are beautiful...

My pediatrician sent my twins to a cardiologist to check out their murmurs (they were 34 wk. preemies). Even though the murmurs are nothing to worry about, he re-checks all children at 2 years. Just my 2cents...

6:52 AM  
Blogger Ninotchka said...

Gorgeous kids!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Annika said...

You have such beautiful children! I don't often comment (in fact I'm not sure if I ever have) but I have followed Jacks' life so far and look forward to reading about him for years and years.

10:16 AM  
Anonymous lisa said...

Beautiful photos of such gorgeous children! They're both so sweet, and Jack looks just perfect,

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

Your kids are just wonderful looking. I could look at them all day long and the smile would never leave my face.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Boysmom11 said...

What beautiful kids you have!!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just happened on yr site around the time jack was born.

the pictures of him are so moving; he's so wise and lovely and happy!

and janie seems exquisite.

10:49 PM  
Blogger Floyd said...

Holy smokes, those have to be the cutest little people I have ever seen!

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are just as gorgeous as I imagined they would be! Jack is such a big boy...thanks for sharing!
~Lissi~

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Menita said...

Those are some seriously cute, happy-looking kids.
Hang in there, Pazel, I have no clue how terribly hard this must be, but your strength so far has been...awe-inspiring. Hang in there, and if you need to cry, or vent, just holler this way.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home