Saturday, August 06, 2005

Very Quick Sleep Update

For the last 2 days and nights, I've been walking around a different person. I've learned that if I lay Jack down in his crib, he will fall asleep. Sometimes he needs his pacifier, and sometimes his Ocean Wonders fish thingy playing the ocean sound, but he doesn't cry. He goes to sleep. Usually closing his eyes before I make it out of his room. WOW!

He's still waking up every 2 hours at night, that hasn't changed. I'll get up and feed him for the first time. For the others I wake Matt and send him to get Jack and bring him back to me. Then I feed him and send Matt back to put Jack back in his crib. (Matt is starting to get an idea how often Jack wakes, and how important this sleep thing is, but he's not complaining at all.) And Jack doesn't cry when he's going to sleep, only when he's waking up. And I don't let him CIO yet, but feed him then put him back down. Later, when he's older, long after his surgery, we'll eventually get rid of that too.

It's progress and seems to me some sort of miracle except I don't want to use that word lightly. Everybody say "Yea!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Robert Carnegie said...

So far, so good. Well done!

You don't, trust me, want to know how old one niece got before she woke every night... fortunately a few hundred miles away from me, not my responsibility ;-)

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Kim said...

Yea Jack!!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEA! Way to go, Jack! Good job asking for help from Matt! He rocks! You rock! Now I have used up my exclaimation point allotment for the next three weeks, but way to go, all of you.

Amanda

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about selfhelp and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about selfhelp so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home